Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wisdom ( Write this one down )

I love this cartoon, one of my favorites. Recently sold to Haymarket Media, a conglomerate in NYC who publishes a bunch of Medical Journals. I like the philosophical message in it. You people out there know what he's talking about, H-M-M-M ?



I once saw a sign on a wall in the 60's . . it said: " You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ! "


And then, there's this: A message typed on a piece of typewriter paper someone once sent me several years ago . . .

" Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming . . . DAMN, WHAT A RIDE ! " ( Kind of reminds me of the late HUNTER THOMPSON )

In my humble opinion, this cartoon SHOULD have been in The New Yorker. I believe it is THEIR loss, not mine. Ask ANY New Yorker cartoonist.

No comments: