Friday, February 5, 2010

cartoon of the day

With the Super Bowl just two days away, and football on my mind, coincidently, I ran across this oldie football cartoon of mine ( in my map file ) which appeared in Reader's Digest a few years ago . . . still one of my favorites of all time . . . 

Talking with Sam Gross on the telly the other day and we happened to be talking about keeping focused . . . I mentioned that I don't have any problem with staying on the drawing board constantly EVERY day  . . .  in fact, I told him that I work EVERY day 10-12 hours, no problem . . . and he said, He does about the same thing . . . but, no, not today, I'm going to watch football, he said . . . ( It was the NFL Divisional Playoffs ) .
Well, so was I, I told him . . . ( What I meant, is that I work EVERY day in my magazine cartooning . . . but, of course, I sneak in a few other things, but usually related to my craft . . .

With what is left of the day, I read every morning at least one hour plus, last week I finally read The old man and the sea by Hemingway.  Right now I'm on The Harvard Classics, Montaigne, The Celtics, Aesthetic Considerations . . . great essays . . must reading.

At night, I watch the news, Seinfeld reruns ( Addicted ), a couple " Forensic " shows, maybe National Geographic channel and Turner Classic channel . . .

So much to experience, so little time . . .

No comments: