Friday, December 11, 2009

Cartoon of the month

One of my favorite cartoons, been kicking around . . Of course it was rejected by the big fella at the Gnu Yokuh . . . I don't know, I kinda liked it and  I can clearly see it in The New Yorker done by Cullum or Ziegler . . or Diffee or Kanin or Weyant . . WOW !   I can see it as clear as ever . . crystal clear . . just visualize it . . several people have told me to forget about the New Yorker . . they say screw 'em . . actually, I don't WORRY about the New Yorker . . and although people think I'm beating up on myself, or I'm perceived that way . .  with  "The New Yorker Tirades and Rants " I go on . . actually it's just the way I have fun . . It's the way I try to entertain . . . You'll have to take my word for it . . If you like it, fine, but I don't need help or soothing from anyone, because I KNOW who I am and I KNOW that I know . . . occasionally bending people out of shape like Pat Byrnes . .  is part of the fun . . A lot of the people from Chicago like Jeramiah Wright, Father Pfleger, Bill Ayers . . the Kool Aid drinkers are embarrassing to the rest of the good folk in the city . . Even some of the cartoonists have been heard to drink the juice because it is served all the way up and around Daly's machine, I heard . . they also make a mean Chicago Style hot Dog . . my favorite.  Although it's a powerful machine, you have to kind of feel sorry for a lot of them . . .
I always go back to what I learned a long time ago from a very wise man:  " You better be careful what you believe. "

I don't care what anybody says, I'm not gonna screw The New Yorker . . whatever that means  .
Wouldn't it be something, I win the lottery and BUY Conde Nast and bring back Gourmet magazine WITH cartoons ! 



As confucius so wisely said:  " When you know that you know that you know what you don't know, that is enlightenment. "  He also said about five versions of this saying . . Nuf sed.  Shut up and keep drawing ( and writing ).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a funny cartoon! It belongs in the New Yorker.

Maybe it should have been a "Swiss Army cappuccino" or a "Swiss Army I-Phone" in order to be "smart" enough for the savvy NY'er readers? Wait, I'm a reader and I'm neither smart nor savvy.

This is clearly funnier than a Swiss Army peg-leg which is just not practical.

Roy Delgado said...

I'm going to call this vote as a YES, that some of my cartoons belong in The New Yorker. So far, I feel pretty good, but it could change. So you people out there, please comment and vote if you thing my work belongs in The New Yorker !