Saturday, October 17, 2009

Recent Wall Street Journal Cartoon - NYer reject

Here's of those cartoons you do where you are positive, absolutely positive that this one will be the one that The New Yorker will buy after getting over 20,ooo rejections there . . . Every time . . . Every time I feel like this, on a certain drawing . . every time I feel like this, I send it to The New Yorker first, ( Actually, I send it to The NYer first, because I will not be denied, I'm not asking , like Howard Roark in The Fountainhead put it so eloquently, " Rather than ask, who will LET me, I ask, who will STOP me ? " ) mainly because I KNOW it belongs in the magazine . . . go ahead, ask ANYBODY . . I send it there first really only because I KNOW, am absolutely positive that one day, they will finally say YES, because they will not be able to stand the temptation . . Anyway, it got rejected, as usual . . . . I shot it over to The Wall Street Journal and they bought it, quick, very quick, extremely quick. If not, I'm pretty sure Playboy would have bought it .

The clip was sent by Don Cresci . . being out here in the country, if I subscribed to the WSJ print edition, I think it would take a week to deliver here.

I'll shut up and get back to the drawing board, where I belong . . . Like someone told Barbra Streisand, " Shut up and sing ! "



No comments: